Thoughts on Markets

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Gold Flirting with $1100

Folks, Gold is looking quite strong, but seems to being capped at $1100. It is very near the top of the upper trend line and under normal circumstances, I would expect it to exceed $1100 this week. Remember a critical day will be the 23rd or possibly the prior week when paper options expire. This could be a significant turning point or more of the same old stuff. We shall see as the time approaches.
Gold in international markets is really pushing at the $1100 resistance. It has exceeded it twice in the last 24 hours, but must close above this line to continue its upward move. Perhaps, we are seeing some consolidation before it really takes off.
BULM must move above the 50 day moving average for it to be strongly positive again. I did not sell all of my holdings. The MACD is definitely showing that there will be more down days.
AMNP is giving off mixed signs. The only clear positive sign is that the price is above the 50 Day MA. All else is questionable, at best. There was positive "buy" article on Friday, but I believe this is not the speculation I saw from the prior technicals. I will be selling more if it moves above $1.00.
The mining stocks and silver have been trailing gold. The gold to silver ratio remains a very high 62+ which is not normal. Thus, silver could be a better buy than gold. But it is a time for more caution. I would like to see the miners decouple from the general market, but for the time being they seem to be tracking the general markets moves rather than those of gold and silver.

I hope to have some new suggestions for you tomorrow after I do some more research. Meanwhile, I am holding and not selling the miners except for AMNP, mentioned above.

I trust that you attended corporate worship in a sound church today to worship the Lord. This is very important for a life in tune with King Jesus upon whom all life is dependent.

Best, Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home