Thoughts on Markets

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gold Skyrockets - Dollar Down - Inflation to Extreme

The graphs tell the story. Gold sprinting upward as the Fed announced that they would run the printing presses until they burn up. That means INFLATION in spades. The dollar has been hammered by the Euro and most other currencies. The Euro is pushing toward 1.40.

Gold is really on a tear. It is 951.20 now on an up tick.
The mining stocks are in the race, as well. DROOY is 9.65, HMY 11.93, and VGZ 2.05. The DOW is up 17.12.
Here is GLD sprinting ahead. I sold some calls in this yesterday for a small profit, but should have held on a bit longer. I admit that I am not always right. No one but God alone has a claim to perfection.

Silver is joining the party, as well.

A run up this brisk is very likely to lead to a correction, so I am putting in some trailing stops on a portion of my mining stocks. I will not put the stops on all, as I never want to be totally vulnerable to a total sell out until the gold rush really gets going.

This rally will encourage many to join the party. News on the precious metals should really pick up steam now.

We must act with the information we have, commit our plans to the Lord and depend upon Him for success.

I am in a rush to get this out ASAP.

Best to each, Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home